Introduction to terms and conditions for Tenants
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") constitute a legally binding agreement ("Agreement") between you – the Landlord or Tenant and Reneza (as defined below) governing your access to and use of the Reneza website, (collectively, "Site"), and all associated services (collectively, "Reneza Services"). The Site, Application and Reneza Services together are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Reneza Platform”. Our Landlord’s Terms, Tenant’s Terms and other Policies applicable to Landlord’s and Tenant’s use of the Reneza Platform and are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
When these Terms mention “Reneza,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the Reneza Ltd. Company with whom Landlords and Tenants are contracting with. Your contracting entity will generally be determined based on your Country of Residence. Landlord’s and Tenant’s “Country of Residence” is the jurisdiction associated with your Reneza Account as determined by either your express selection or by Reneza’s assessment of your residence using various data attributes associated with your Reneza Account.
“We, “Us”, “Our” means Reneza Ltd. (credentials).
“Tenant” means a person who occupies or rents Property that Landlord offers.
“Landlord” means a person who offers his/her Property for rent.
“Property” means a property that is listed on a platform by Landlord.
“Listing” means a Property that is published in Our Webpage.
“Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions established between Landlord and Us.
“Reneza Platform” means our website and application.
“Member” and “User” any person who has an account in Reneza Platform.
“Member Content” content that is made available by members and users of the Reneza Platform.
1. SCOPE OF RENEZA SERVICES
- 1.1. This agreement establishes that Reneza acts as Agent representing Landlord’s interests in its limited capacity concerning relationship between Landlords and Tenants of the Reneza Platform and the company itself. With this agreement, Landlords registered on the Reneza Platform are choosing us as their agent, unless agreed otherwise outside of this agreement.
- 1.2. We are responsible for finding Tenants for Landlords through the Rezena Platform according to the terms established in this agreement, and no one else can substitute Us from this position.
- 1.3. As the provider of the Reneza Platform, Reneza Ltd. Company does not own, create, sell, resell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Properties. Landlords alone are responsible for their Properties with regards to truefulness of information that Landlord wishes to provide. When Tenants accept to rent a Property, they are entering into a contract directly with Landlord. Reneza is not and does not become a party to or other participant in any contractual relationship between Landlords and Tenants nor is Reneza a real estate broker or insurer.
- 1.4. While we may help facilitate the disputes, Reneza has no control over and does not guarantee:
- i. the existence, quality, safety, suitability, or legality of any Property(s);
- ii. the truth or accuracy of any Property(s) descriptions, Ratings, Reviews, or other Member Content (as defined below); or
- iii. The performance or conduct of Landlords and Tenants or third party(s); or
- iv. Any references to a Landlord or Tenant being "verified" (or similar language) only indicate that they have completed a verification process. Any such description is not an endorsement, certification or guarantee by Reneza about any Landlord or Tenant, including of Landlord's or Tenant’s identity or background or whether they are trustworthy, safe or suitable. Verified Images (as defined below) are intended only to indicate a photographic representation of a Property at the time the photograph was taken, and are therefore not an endorsement by Reneza of any Landlord or Property.
- 1.5. We are offering Landlords some of our services that are provided by the third parties (“Third-Party Services”) and such services are subject to their terms and conditions and privacy practices. This also applies to Reneza Platform where there may be links to third-party websites or resources. Reneza is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services. Links to such Third-Party Services are not endorsements made by Us.
- 1.6.Due to the nature of the Internet, We cannot guarantee the continuous and uninterrupted availability and accessibility of the Reneza Platform. We may restrict the availability of the Reneza Platform or certain areas or features thereof, if this is necessary in view of capacity limits, the security or integrity of our servers, or to carry out maintenance measures that ensure the proper or improved functioning of Reneza Platform. We may improve, enhance and modify Reneza Platform and introduce new Reneza Services from time to time.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO USE AND ACCESS RENEZA PLATFORM
- 2.1. Tenants must be at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to access and use the Reneza Platform or register a Reneza Account. By accessing or using Reneza Platform Tenants represent and warrant that they are 18 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a legally binding contracts.
- 2.2. We may make access to and use of the Reneza Platform, or certain areas or features of the Reneza Platform, which are subject to conditions or requirements, such as completing a verification process, meeting specific quality or eligibility criteria.
- 2.3. User verification on the Internet is difficult and we do not assume any responsibility for the confirmation of any Landlord’s or Tenant’s identity. Notwithstanding the above, for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, and as permitted by applicable laws, we may, but have no obligation to:
- i. ask Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) to provide a form of government identification or other information or undertake additional checks designed to help verify the identities or backgrounds of Landlord(s) and Tenant(s). Such actions may be carried out by one of our partners whose terms and conditions apply to their services;
- ii. ask Landlord(s) to provide official documents that demonstrate their rights and ownership so that they could list their Properties on Reneza Platform;
- iii. ask Landlord(s) to provide official documents verifying that their Property fulfills all necessary requirements established by the law for it to be rented out.
- iv. screen Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) against third party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers;
- 2.4. The access to or use of certain areas and features of the Reneza Platform Landlords and Tenants may be subject to separate policies, standards or guidelines, or may require to accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions applicable to a specific area or feature of the Reneza Platform, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your access to or use of that area or feature, unless specified otherwise.
- 3.1. Tenants must register an account ("Reneza Account") to access and use certain features of the Reneza Platform such as renting out a Property. If Tenant is registering Reneza Account for a company or other legal entity, Tenant represents and warrants that Tenant has the authority to legally bind that entity and grant us all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms.
- 3.2. Tenants can register an Reneza Account using an email address and creating a password, or through the account with certain third-party social networking services, such as Facebook or Google ("SNS Account").
- 3.3. Tenants must provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and keep Reneza Account information up-to-date at all times.
- 3.4. Tenants may not register more than one Reneza Account unless Reneza authorizes to do so. Landlord may not assign or otherwise transfer your Reneza Account to another party without confirmation with Us.
- 3.5. Tenants are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of Reneza Account credentials and may not disclose your credentials to any third parties. Tenants must immediately notify Reneza if becomes aware, knows or has any reason to suspect that credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Reneza Account.
- 3.6. Tenants are liable for any and all activities conducted through Reneza Account, unless such activities are not authorized by them and they are not otherwise negligent (such as failing to report the unauthorized use or loss of your credentials).
- 4.1. Reneza may, at its sole discretion, enable Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) to:
- i. create, upload, post, send, receive and store content, such as text, photos, video, or other materials and information on or through Reneza Platform ("Member Content");
- ii. access and view Member Content and any content that Reneza itself makes available on or through the Reneza Platform, including proprietary Reneza content and any content licensed or authorized for use by or through Reneza from a third party ("Reneza Content" and together with Member Content, "Collective Content").
- 4.2. The Reneza Platform, Reneza Content, and Member Content may in its entirety or in part be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of the United Kingdom. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) acknowledges and agrees that Reneza Platform and Reneza Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of Reneza and/or its licensors or authorizing third-parties. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) warrant that they will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying Reneza Platform, Reneza Content or Member Content. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other source identifiers of Reneza used on or in connection with the Reneza Platform and Reneza Content are trademarks or registered trademarks of Reneza in the United Kingdom and abroad. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with the Reneza Platform, Reneza Content, and/or Collective Reneza are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
- 4.3. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Reneza Platform or Collective Content, except to the extent you are the legal owner of certain Reneza Content or as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Reneza company or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
- 4.4. By creating, uploading, posting, sending, receiving, storing, or otherwise making available any Member Content on or through the Reneza Platform, Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) grant to Reneza a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the term of the protection), sub-licensable and transferable license to such Member Content to access, use, store, copy, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publish, transmit, stream, broadcast, and otherwise exploit in any manner such Member Content to provide and/or promote the Reneza Platform, in any media or platform. Unless Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) provide specific consent, Reneza does not claim any ownership rights in any Member Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use or exploit your Member Content.
- 4.5. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) are solely responsible for all Member Content that they make available on or through the Reneza Platform. Accordingly, they represent and warrant that:
- i. Member Content that Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) make available on or through the Reneza Platform or must have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Reneza the rights in and to such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms;
- ii. neither the Member Content nor Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) postings, uploaded documents and publications, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or Reneza's use of the Member Content (or any portion thereof) will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- 4.6. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) warrant that they will not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Member Content that:
- i. is fraudulent, false, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information) or deceptive;
- ii. is defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
- iii. promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- iv. is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person or animal;
- v. promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- vi. violates Reneza’s any Our policy. Reneza may, without prior notice, remove or disable access to any Member Content that Reneza finds to be in violation of these Terms or Reneza’s then-current Policies or Standards, or otherwise may be harmful or objectionable to Reneza, its Members, third parties, or property.
- 4.7. Reneza respects copyright law and expects its Members to do the same.
- 5.1. When Tentant successfully applies for renting listed Property in Our Platform, he or she will have to sign the Rent Agreement that will be provided by Us. In case there are any concerns regarding the Rent Agreement, Tenants can contact us directly for further clarifications.
- 5.2. Tenants will have to sign the Rent Agreement within (x) working days from the day their application for rent was approved and successful.
- 5.3. Tenant will have to pay a deposit for the Property according to the terms established by the Landlord (these terms may vary on case to case basis) and such information will be made available to you prior you sign the Rent Agreement. Usually, Landlords will establish such information in their Listings that are available for Tenants to read.
- 5.4. We shall collect deposits from Tenants equal to (x) weeks/months worth of rent prior commencement of a Tenancy unless Landlord has established in Rent Agreement and confirmed with Us otherwise. Such deposits will be in compliance with regular laws and protected under TDS scheme. Confirmations shall be communicated directly and shared with Landlords and Tenants.
- 5.5. Tenants will have to provide a guarantor that would be able to pay Landlord rents worth up to (x) weeks/months in case of Tenant is at default or is not able to meet the contractual commitments unless it was agreed otherwise with a Landlord.
- 5.6. We shall follow best practices for ensuring deposit protection in compliance with all necessary statutory requirements.
- 5.7. Before Tenant may move in into the Property according to the Rent Terms he or she will have to pay all fees including the deposit, rent and any other fees if applicable. These payments must be accomplished within (x) working days prior moving in the aforementioned Property.
- 5.8. With regards to the Property’s state, what it includes (chattels, fixtures, furnishing, inventory) should be disclosed and agreed in the terms of the Rent Agreement before the Tenant moves into the Property.
- 5.9. On the day of moving in, Tenant will meet Landlord directly or employee of Our company, who will carry out the procedure for it to be successful such as any additional information about the Property if applicable, keys and Our contact information.
- 5.10. One of pillars for successful Landlord and Tenant relationship is Tenant Referencing that deals with Tenant’s financial fitness to comply with the terms established in Rent Agreement. In order to secure Landlord’s position, We will ask on his or her behalf for Tenant to provide Us with their financial statements, such statements must go back at least (x) months and sent to Us. Furthermore, Tenants will have to provide Us with information of their previous Landlord’s for references.
- 5.11. Eligibility criteria for Tenants to rent Listed Property includes provision of documents and certificates to Us. Such documents may be:
- a. Valid - British / EEA / Swiss Passport or National Identity Card
- b. British Residency Card
- c. Driver’s License
- d. Passport or other documents that prove that Tenant has a right to stay in the United Kingdom for that period of time that he or she wish to rent the Property.
- e. Letter of confirmation from UK’s educational institution
- 5.12. To make sure that Tenants acquire a fit Property to use for their living we will have adequate measures in place to secure such position. All Properties that are going to be listed on the Reneza Platform will have to be in compliance with statutory requirements of use and safety. Things like electricity, gas and protection against fire must be checked and when applicable, necessary certificates must be acquired by the Landlord in order to rent property through the Reneza Platform.
- 6.1. All our Payments are carried out using third party services who are responsible for carrying out payments subject to separate terms and conditions. List of our partners and their responsibilities can be found in the Reneza Platform.
- 6.2. All of Our fees that are established in Reneza Platform are with VAT.
7. RENTING, MODIFYING, TERMINATING AGREEMENT
- 7.1. The Rent Agreement between Landlord and Tenant shall be in force until terminated by one of the parties according to the termination conditions laid out in that agreement. Modification of the Rent Agreement will be established separately between the parties according to the way they wish it to be.
- 7.2. The Landlord can terminate agreement between him/her and Us only with a written notice not less than 30 days and sent either to our email email@example.com or in writing and sent to our offices Reneza, Kemp House, 152-160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom.
- 7.3. We can terminate this agreement by giving written notice not less than 30 days to the Landlord’s email address (that is used for account registration).
- 7.4. We have a right to amend this agreement at any point of time and we shall make notifications on the Reneza Platform and send emails (addresses used for the account registration) to the parties about such changes.
- 8.1. We are going to try to resolve any disputes between Landlords and Tenants. We shall offer 24/7 online helpline for any issues that might be encountered by Members of Reneza Platform. However we do not take any legal responsibility in enforcing either Landlord’s or Tenant’s rights.
- 8.2. Any dispute that is arising in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be submitted in a form of a complaint to Us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing Reneza, Kemp House, 152-160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom and only after our assessment they may submit their complaints to competent authorities to oversee such cases.
- 9.1. Landlords and Tenants will have a chance to leave reviews and feedback about each other and they shall conduct them in most professional manner without providing false information. In case we find that either of the parties have falsely recorded the facts in the review, We reserve the right to delete such content.
10. REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE
- 10.1. In accordance with s83 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 We are a member of the Consumer Redress Scheme operated by the Property Redress Scheme. They can be contacted by telephone on 0333 321 9418 and more information can be found about them on their website at www.theprs.co.uk. You should note that they will not deal with a complaint unless You have complained to Us first and given Us a reasonable opportunity to respond.
- 10.2. We have client money protection which is provided as a result of our membership of Client Money Protect - reference:
- 10.3. We are insured with Hiscox for professional indemnity and public liability purposes. They can be contacted on Hiscox Underwriting Limited, 1 Great St Helen’s, London EC3A 6HX.
- 10.4. Our liability under this agreement shall be limited to a maximum of £5,000,000 for each event and to a maximum of £5,000,000 in respect of each Property.
- 10.5. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under the Data Protection Act 1998 with registration number ZA454443. We will use information provided by you to provide the services requested. We may disclose your details to selected third parties for the purposes of pursuing debts owed to Us, utility suppliers, sub-contractors, or local or central government.
- 11.1. We do not guarantee to find Tenants for Properties listed by Landlords on the Reneza Platform.
- 11.2. In cases we do find a Tenant, We will not guarantee their financial suitability to pay rents or accuracy of their references. Landlord is the sole responsible party to make the assessments and final decisions about which Tenant can rent their property.
- 11.3. Where we have to or have agreed to inspect, maintain, repair properties, We can only guarantee that it is going to be done at our best capacity. Since, we are providing such services in collaboration with the Third Parties, We shall not be held liable for loss of economic profit or damages caused to Landlord’s Property, its fixtures and chattels in case of their negligence. Landlords and Tenants should inform themselves about these services and conditions under which they are provided, which are established in their Terms and Conditions.
- 11.4. With regards to other services like payments, identity checks and other services that are being provided on the Reneza Platform in collaboration with Third Parties are subject to their Terms and Conditions and We cannot be held liable for any damages or losses of profit caused by their negligence.
12. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 12.1. No matter of your Country of Residence these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. Judicial proceedings must be brought in state courts of United Kingdom.