Introduction to terms and conditions for Landlord
These Terms and Conditions ("Terms") constitute a legally binding agreement ("Agreement") between you – the Landlord or Tenant and Reneza (as defined below) governing your access to and use of the Reneza website, (collectively, "Site"), and all associated services (collectively, "Reneza Services"). The Site, Application and Reneza Services together are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Reneza Platform”. Our Landlord’s Terms, Tenant’s Terms and other Policies applicable to Landlord’s and Tenant’s use of the Reneza Platform and are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
When these Terms mention “Reneza,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the Reneza Ltd. Company with whom Landlords and Tenants are contracting with. Your contracting entity will generally be determined based on your Country of Residence. Landlord’s and Tenant’s “Country of Residence” is the jurisdiction associated with your Reneza Account as determined by either your express selection or by Reneza’s assessment of your residence using various data attributes associated with your Reneza Account.
Landlords alone are responsible for identifying, understanding, and complying with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to their Propertys. Landlord are alone responsible for identifying and obtaining any required licenses, permits, or registrations for any Landlord Services they offer. If you have questions about how local laws apply to your Property(s) on Reneza, you should always seek legal guidance.
“We, “Us”, “Our” means Reneza Ltd. (credentials).
“Tenant” means a person who occupies or rents Property that Landlord offers.
“Landlord” means a person who offers his/her Property for rent.
“Property” means a property that is listed on a platform by Landlord.
“Listing” means a Property that is published in Our Webpage.
“Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions established between Landlord and Us.
“Reneza Platform” means our website and application.
“Member” and “User” any person who has an account in Reneza Platform.
“Member Content” content that is made available by members and users of the Reneza Platform.
1. SCOPE OF RENEZA SERVICES
- 1.1. This agreement establishes that Reneza acts as Agent representing Landlord’s interests in its limited capacity concerning relationship between Landlords and Tenants of the Reneza Platform and the company itself. With this agreement, Landlords registered on the Reneza Platform are choosing us as their agent, unless agreed otherwise outside of this agreement.
- 1.2. We are responsible for finding Tenants for Landlords through the Rezena Platform according to the terms established in this agreement, and no one else can substitute Us from this position.
- 1.3. As the provider of the Reneza Platform, Reneza Ltd. Company does not own, create, sell, resell, provide, control, manage, offer, deliver, or supply any Properties. Landlords alone are responsible for their Properties with regards to truefulness of information that Landlord wishes to provide. When Tenants accept to rent a Property, they are entering into a contract directly with Landlord. Reneza is not and does not become a party to or other participant in any contractual relationship between Landlords and Tenants nor is Reneza a real estate broker or insurer.
- 1.4. While we may help facilitate the disputes, Reneza has no control over and does not guarantee:
- i. the existence, quality, safety, suitability, or legality of any Property(s);
- ii. the truth or accuracy of any Property(s) descriptions, Ratings, Reviews, or other Member Content (as defined below); or
- iii. The performance or conduct of Landlords and Tenants or third party(s); or
- iv. Any references to a Landlord or Tenant being "verified" (or similar language) only indicate that they have completed a verification process. Any such description is not an endorsement, certification or guarantee by Reneza about any Landlord or Tenant, including of Landlord's or Tenant’s identity or background or whether they are trustworthy, safe or suitable. Verified Images (as defined below) are intended only to indicate a photographic representation of a Property at the time the photograph was taken, and are therefore not an endorsement by Reneza of any Landlord or Property.
- 1.5. We are offering Landlords some of our services that are provided by the third parties (“Third-Party Services”) and such services are subject to their terms and conditions and privacy practices. This also applies to Reneza Platform where there may be links to third-party websites or resources. Reneza is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services. Links to such Third-Party Services are not endorsements made by Us.
- 1.6.Due to the nature of the Internet, We cannot guarantee the continuous and uninterrupted availability and accessibility of the Reneza Platform. We may restrict the availability of the Reneza Platform or certain areas or features thereof, if this is necessary in view of capacity limits, the security or integrity of our servers, or to carry out maintenance measures that ensure the proper or improved functioning of Reneza Platform. We may improve, enhance and modify Reneza Platform and introduce new Reneza Services from time to time.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO USE AND ACCESS RENEZA PLATFORM
- 2.1. Tenants must be at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to access and use the Reneza Platform or register a Reneza Account. By accessing or using Reneza Platform Tenants represent and warrant that they are 18 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a legally binding contracts.
- 2.2. We may make access to and use of the Reneza Platform, or certain areas or features of the Reneza Platform, which are subject to conditions or requirements, such as completing a verification process, meeting specific quality or eligibility criteria.
- 2.3. User verification on the Internet is difficult and we do not assume any responsibility for the confirmation of any Landlord’s or Tenant’s identity. Notwithstanding the above, for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, and as permitted by applicable laws, we may, but have no obligation to:
- i. ask Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) to provide a form of government identification or other information or undertake additional checks designed to help verify the identities or backgrounds of Landlord(s) and Tenant(s). Such actions may be carried out by one of our partners whose terms and conditions apply to their services;
- ii. ask Landlord(s) to provide official documents that demonstrate their rights and ownership so that they could list their Properties on Reneza Platform;
- iii. ask Landlord(s) to provide official documents verifying that their Property fulfills all necessary requirements established by the law for it to be rented out.
- iv. screen Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) against third party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers;
- 2.4. The access to or use of certain areas and features of the Reneza Platform Landlords and Tenants may be subject to separate policies, standards or guidelines, or may require to accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions applicable to a specific area or feature of the Reneza Platform, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your access to or use of that area or feature, unless specified otherwise.
- 3.1. Landlord(s) must register an account ("Reneza Account") to access and use certain features of the Reneza Platform, such as publishing or renting out a Property. If Landlord(s) is registering Reneza Account for a company or other legal entity, Landlord(s) represents and warrants that Landlord(s) has the authority to legally bind that entity and grant us all permissions and licenses provided in these Terms.
- 3.2. Landlord(s) can register an Reneza Account using an email address and creating a password, or through the account with certain third-party social networking services, such as Facebook or Google ("SNS Account").
- 3.3. Landlord(s) must provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and keep Reneza Account information up-to-date at all times.
- 3.4. Landlord(s) may not register more than one Reneza Account unless Reneza authorizes to do so. Landlord may not assign or otherwise transfer your Reneza Account to another party without confirmation with Us.
- 3.5. Landlord(s) is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Reneza Account credentials and may not disclose your credentials to any third parties. Landlord(s) must immediately notify Reneza if becomes aware, knows or has any reason to suspect that credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Reneza Account. Landlord(s) is liable for any and all activities conducted through Reneza Account, unless such activities are not authorized by you and you are not otherwise negligent (such as failing to report the unauthorized use or loss of your credentials).
- 4.1. Reneza may, at its sole discretion, enable Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) to:
- i. create, upload, post, send, receive and store content, such as text, photos, video, or other materials and information on or through Reneza Platform ("Member Content");
- ii. access and view Member Content and any content that Reneza itself makes available on or through the Reneza Platform, including proprietary Reneza content and any content licensed or authorized for use by or through Reneza from a third party ("Reneza Content" and together with Member Content, "Collective Content").
- 4.2. The Reneza Platform, Reneza Content, and Member Content may in its entirety or in part be protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other laws of the United Kingdom. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) acknowledges and agrees that Reneza Platform and Reneza Content, including all associated intellectual property rights, are the exclusive property of Reneza and/or its licensors or authorizing third-parties. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) warrant that they will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying Reneza Platform, Reneza Content or Member Content. All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, and any other source identifiers of Reneza used on or in connection with the Reneza Platform and Reneza Content are trademarks or registered trademarks of Reneza in the United Kingdom and abroad. Trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of third parties used on or in connection with the Reneza Platform, Reneza Content, and/or Collective Reneza are used for identification purposes only and may be the property of their respective owners.
- 4.3. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Reneza Platform or Collective Content, except to the extent you are the legal owner of certain Reneza Content or as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Reneza company or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
- 4.4. By creating, uploading, posting, sending, receiving, storing, or otherwise making available any Member Content on or through the Reneza Platform, Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) grant to Reneza a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the term of the protection), sub-licensable and transferable license to such Member Content to access, use, store, copy, modify, prepare derivative works of, distribute, publish, transmit, stream, broadcast, and otherwise exploit in any manner such Member Content to provide and/or promote the Reneza Platform, in any media or platform. Unless Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) provide specific consent, Reneza does not claim any ownership rights in any Member Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use or exploit your Member Content.
- 4.5. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) are solely responsible for all Member Content that they make available on or through the Reneza Platform. Accordingly, they represent and warrant that:
- i. Member Content that Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) make available on or through the Reneza Platform or must have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Reneza the rights in and to such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms;
- ii. neither the Member Content nor Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) postings, uploaded documents and publications, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or Reneza's use of the Member Content (or any portion thereof) will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- 4.6. Landlord(s) and Tenant(s) warrant that they will not post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Member Content that:
- i. is fraudulent, false, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information) or deceptive;
- ii. is defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive;
- iii. promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group;
- iv. is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person or animal;
- v. promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- vi. violates Reneza’s any Our policy. Reneza may, without prior notice, remove or disable access to any Member Content that Reneza finds to be in violation of these Terms or Reneza’s then-current Policies or Standards, or otherwise may be harmful or objectionable to Reneza, its Members, third parties, or property.
- 4.7. Reneza respects copyright law and expects its Members to do the same.
- 5.1. When creating a Property through the Reneza Platform Landlord(s) must
- i. provide complete and accurate information about their published Property (such as Property description, its details, location, calendar availability and more),
- ii. disclose any deficiencies, restrictions (such as property rules) and requirements that apply (such as any minimum age, proficiency, smoking allowance); and
- iii. provide any other important information requested by Reneza. You are responsible for keeping your Property information (including availability) up-to-date at all times
- 5.2 Landlord is solely responsible for setting a price (including any Taxes if applicable, or charges) for his or her Property(s) rental price. Even though, We may advice Landlord(s) on their current Property rental values depending on our internal research, Landlord(s) will be solely responsible for setting the final price. Once a Tenant requests a renting of Landlord’s Property, Landlord may not request that the Tenant pays a higher price than in the renting request.
- 5.3 Any terms and conditions included in Landlord’s Property, in particular in relation to cancellations, must not conflict with these Terms or the relevant cancellation policy for your Property.
- 5.4 Pictures, animations or videos (collectively, "Images") used in Landlord’s Property(s) must accurately reflect the quality and condition of Property, including it’s chattels and fixtures.
- 5.5 We will advice the Landlords with estimations and likelihood of potential Tenant renting a listed property on Our platform.
- 5.6 We shall use information that Landlords provide us with regards to their property to find potential Tenants within and outside of Reneza Platform.
- 5.7 We are going to be responsible for arranging Property viewings if Landlord wishes Us to do so among other services that we offer on Our platform. However, the Landlord will must provide Us with the necessary information for Us to conduct viewings such as date and time in advance of Property his or her properties in Our platform. In exchange, We will inform Landlords through our platform about dates and time when such property is going to be viewed in advance for another confirmation. We shall not be held liable for any losses or damages that it might have caused Landlord as a result of his or her failure to update or publish correct information in our Platform about possibilities to view the property. As well as, We shall not be liable for any losses or damages if our partner company will not be able to deliver their services (subject to their Terms and Condtions) adequately.
- 5.8 We shall provide Landlords with access to a standardized Assured Shothold Tenancy Agreement (“Rent Agreement”) through the Reneza Platform, which may be modified by either of the parties when needed. In order to make amendments to the Rent Agreement, Landlords and Tenants shall contact Reneza Ltd. Company directly and if consensus is not reached between a Landlords and Us about the terms of the agreement, then We have a right not to allow Landlords to list their Properties. We would advice Landlords and Tenants to seek for legal assistance in case you want to make modifications or have questions about existing agreement.
- 5.9 The Landlord shall be responsible for ensuring whether Tenant is legally suitable to sign Rent Agreement and can rent a property in the United Kingdom in accordance with all the laws. We shall assist the Landlord with such matter and will conduct Identification checks on our own as it is one of prerequisites to create a profile within the Reneza Platform. In cases we find some irregularities or the Landlord finds after the Rent Agreement is signed, both parties should assist each other and share the information to achieve the best possible outcome.
- 5.10 We shall collect rents from Tenants on monthly basis and account Landlords for the balance after deductions of all necessary fees and expenses which are due or outstanding. We are responsible for transferring collected rents from Tenants to Landlords within 10 day period of time (excluding weekends and public holidays) from the day when the aforementioned rent was received and all transfer fees are due and payable by the Landlord. We shall not guarantee that Tenants will make payments in full or on time and We cannot take any legal action against such Tenant. However, We will be able to provide legal advice and assist Landlords about what legal actions they could potentially take against Tenants who break the contractual agreements.
- 5.11 We shall seek the best possible outcome on behalf the Landlord in terms of the Rent Agreement renewal with the Tenant and terms of renewal with expressed consent from the Landlord.
- 5.12 Landlords have a possibility to use some of our additional services such as maintenance and repairs, which shall be provided by Third Parties (subject to their Terms and Conditions) that are not necessary and are only up for the Landlords to decide what they need them. However, there can be cases when certain repairs and maintenance are obligatory by law or are necessary in order to ensure safety of Tenant and/or well being of the property. In these situations, We are authorized to conduct such maintenance and repair works without prior notice or consent from the Landlord and for such cases We are going to take floating deposit of 250 (two hundred fifty) Pounds Sterling from every Landlord. In case, there are not enough funds in such deposit, We are going to cover the difference up to 250 (two hundred fifty) Pounds Sterling amount that was necessary, which eventually is going to be deducted from monthly rent payment in order to ensure safety and well being of property. The floating deposit will always have to be kept at 250 (two hundred fifty) Pounds Sterling level and in case Landlord does not keep it this way, We are entitled to deduct aforementioned amount from the monthly rents.
- 5.13 All Properties that are going to be listed on the Reneza Platform will have to be in compliance with statutory requirements of use and safety. Things like electricity, gas and protection against fire must be checked and when applicable, necessary certificates must be acquired by the Landlord in order to rent property through the Reneza Platform.
- 5.14 We shall collect deposits from Tenants equal to 6 weeks worth of rent prior commencement of a Tenancy unless Landlord has agreed with Us otherwise. Such deposits will be in compliance with regular laws and protected under TDS scheme. Confirmations shall be communicated directly and shared with Landlords and Tenants.
- 5.15 Tenants will have to provide a guarantor that would be able to pay Landlord rents worth up to 6 months in case of Tenant is at default or is not able to meet the contractual commitments unless it was agreed otherwise with a Landlord.
- 5.16 We shall follow best practices for ensuring deposit protection in compliance with all necessary statutory requirements.
- 5.17 Inventory checks and quality of items chattels or fixtures are Landlord’s responsibility and We cannot guarantee their wellbeing during and after Tenancy agreement expires. We may provide inventory check services in collaboration with the Third Party (subject to their Terms and Conditions) at additional costs.
- 5.18 In order to ensure wellbeing of rented properties through the Reneza Platform, We are going to arrange inspections of properties every 6 months and make a report about the state of the apartment. This service isn’t additional and will be free of charge.
- 5.19 For the Landlord to list and rent property or properties, he/she must warrant that they are sole owners of the aforementioned property or a joint owner with full permission from all other joint owners (including co-owners). We have a right to ask for documents that would support this warranty.
- 5.20 The Landlord must warrant that the property they are Property on the Reneza Platform is in safe condition and in compliance with all legal requirements for it to be rented out.
- 6.1. All our Payments are carried out using third party services who are responsible for carrying out payments subject to separate terms and conditions. List of our partners and their responsibilities can be found in the Reneza Platform.
- 6.2. All of Our fees that are established in Reneza Platform are with VAT.
- 6.3. Our services for Landlords are subject to fixed monthly subscription fee that is going to be paid when Tenant approaches stage of signing rental agreement and that will provide Landlords with:
- i. Free tenant find on Rightmove, Zoopla
- ii. Background checks for his tenants (Credit Score, references)
- iii. Deposit Protection
- iv. Rental Agreements
- v. Rent Collection
- vi. Repairs & Maintenance moderation
- vii. Inspections after 3 months of tenants moving in followed by approximately ev 6 months afterwards.
- viii. Dedicated account manager
- 6.4. Once Landlord signs a contract with Tenant for renting a property or properties monthly subscription fee shall be automatically charged at the beginning of every month for Our services.
- 6.5. For any other additional services offered by the Third Parties that are made available through Our platform, the Landlord will have to pay additionally and it includes:
- i. Marketing Photography
- ii. Floor Plans
- iii. Gas Safety
- iv. EPC
- v. Viewings (30 day unlimited)
- vi. Smoke alarm right to rent check
- vii. Inventories
- viii. Check Ins
- 6.6. For compensation purposes, by this agreement Landlords agrees that they will have to compensate Us for any additional costs, fees and other costs or liabilities that were experienced by Us due to provision of our services to the Members of the Reneza Platform with an exception when We are negligent. This compensation shall include legal costs and any other expenses experienced by us as a result of enforcing terms established in this agreement against the Landlord for their negligent behavior.
7. RENTING, MODIFYING, TERMINATING AGREEMENT
- 7.1. The Rent Agreement between Landlord and Tenant shall be in force until terminated by one of the parties according to the termination conditions laid out in that agreement. Modification of the Rent Agreement will be established separately between the parties according to the way they wish it to be.
- 7.2. The Landlord can terminate agreement between him/her and Us only with a written notice not less than 30 days and sent either to our email (address) or in writing and sent to our offices (address).
- 7.3. We can terminate this agreement by giving written notice not less than 30 days to the Landlord’s email address (that is used for account registration).
- 7.4. We have a right to amend this agreement at any point of time and we shall make notifications on the Reneza Platform and send emails (addresses used for the account registration) to the parties about such changes.
- 8.1. We are going to try to resolve any disputes between Landlords and Tenants. We shall offer 24/7 online helpline for any issues that might be encountered by Members of Reneza Platform. However we do not take any legal responsibility in enforcing either Landlord’s or Tenant’s rights.
- 8.2. Any dispute that is arising in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be submitted in a form of a complaint to Us via email email@example.com or in writing to Reneza, Kemp House, 152-160 City Rd, London EC1V 2NX, United Kingdom and only after our assessment they may submit their complaints to competent authorities to oversee such cases.
- 9.1. Landlords and Tenants will have a chance to leave reviews and feedback about each other and they shall conduct them in most professional manner without providing false information. In case we find that either of the parties have falsely recorded the facts in the review, We reserve the right to delete such content.
10. REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE
- 10.1. In accordance with s83 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 We are a member of the Consumer Redress Scheme operated by the Property Redress Scheme. They can be contacted by telephone on 0333 321 9418 and more information can be found about them on their website at www.theprs.co.uk. You should note that they will not deal with a complaint unless You have complained to Us first and given Us a reasonable opportunity to respond.
- 10.2. We have client money protection which is provided as a result of our membership of Client Money Protect - reference:
- 10.3. We are insured with Hiscox for professional indemnity and public liability purposes. They can be contacted on Hiscox Underwriting Limited, 1 Great St Helen’s, London EC3A 6HX.
- 10.4. Our liability under this agreement shall be limited to a maximum of £5,000,000 for each event and to a maximum of £5,000,000 in respect of each Property.
- 10.5. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office under the Data Protection Act 1998 with registration number ZA454443. We will use information provided by you to provide the services requested. We may disclose your details to selected third parties for the purposes of pursuing debts owed to Us, utility suppliers, sub-contractors, or local or central government.
- 11.1. We do not warrant that our Platform will be functioning properly and available at all times. However, We want to assure everyone that We will take all actions to mitigate any of technological problems.
- 11.2. We do not guarantee to find Tenants for Properties listed by Landlords on the Reneza Platform.
- 11.3. In cases we do find a Tenant, We will not guarantee their financial suitability to pay rents or accuracy of their references. Landlord is the sole responsible party to make the assessments and final decisions about which Tenant can rent their property.
- 11.4. In cases when Tenant is negligent and breaks any of the Rent Agreement clauses, We will not take a liability for their actions and only will be able in some cases to assist Landlords in their disputes. In such cases when Tenant is negligent, Landlords can notify Us through our Platform or email firstname.lastname@example.org and We shall help them as best as we can.
- 11.5. Where we have to or have agreed to inspect, maintain, repair properties, We can only guarantee that it is going to be done at our best capacity. Since, we are providing such services in collaboration with the Third Parties, We shall not be held liable for loss of economic profit or damages caused to Landlord’s Property, its fixtures and chattels in case of their negligence. Landlords and Tenants should inform themselves about these services and conditions under which they are provided, which are established in their Terms and Conditions.
- 11.6. With regards to other services like payments, identity checks and other services that are being provided on the Reneza Platform in collaboration with Third Parties are subject to their Terms and Conditions and We cannot be held liable for any damages or losses of profit caused by their negligence.
12. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- 12.1. No matter of your Country of Residence these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. Judicial proceedings must be brought in state courts of United Kingdom.